Saviour!

 

After Bhima’s son Ghatotkaca fell dead on battle ground, Sri Krsna loudly shouted with great joy & danced in ecstasy. Arjun, who was exceedingly morose said: O Krsna! Such an exhibition of happiness on this sad occasion doesn’t seem at all befitting. Still, there must be a very grave & inscrutable reason for Your jubilation & so I request You to kindly disclose it

 

Sri Krsna said: Dear Arjun! Please listen to Me, for I will immediately dispel your grief. The reason I’m so happy is because Karna wasted his infallible dart. Don’t you see? Now you’re free to fight with him without anxiety. Karna was the single greatest stumbling block on our path to victory. Indeed, if he were still in possession of his celestial armour & earrings, no one would have been able to vanquish him in battle-neither all demigods nor you with your Gandiva bow, nor I with My Sudarshan Cakra. Even now that Karna is bereft of his natural armour & earrings so that his prowess is only mild in comparison, he is still only capable of being killed by you & no one else

 

Dear Arjun! There will soon come a golden opportunity for killing Karna, when his chariot wheel sinks into the mud. Do not worry, for I’ll inform you when time comes. I want you to know that it was only for your sake that I formerly killed many great demons posing as Kshatriyas. You should know that even I had to accomplish these feats with the help of various contrivances

 

Arjun inquired: Dear Lord, what do you mean by saying that You had killed these demoniac kings with the help of contrivances?

 

Sri Krsna said: O son of Kunti, If Jarasandha, Sisupala and Eklavya, the Nisada prince had not been killed by Me, they would have been unbearably powerful. They would have aligned themselves with Duryodhana & thus would have fought against you in this great war. Because of this, I empowered Bhima to kill Jarasandha & then disclosed to him the secret of his birth so that he could bifurcate the Magadha king

 

From within his heart, I inspired Drona to cut off Nisada prince’s thumb. Then, later I killed him in battle. After that, I caused death of Sisupala by encouraging him to commit more & more offenses against Me. Similarly, I arranged for Ghatotkaca’s death just so that Karna’s infallible dart would be wasted

 

Dear Arjun, If Karna had not employed that dart to kill Ghatotkaca, I’d have killed Bhima’s son, for it is My eternal vow to destroy anyone who disrupts the path of virtue. It is only because I knew that Ghatotkaca would play this important role in benefitting you that I didn’t kill him. Actually, he was a sinful being who was inimical to Brahmanas. He had destroyed sacrifices on numerous occasions and thus he truly deserved to be killed

 

Krsna says:

yadā yadā hi dharmasya glānir bhavati bhārata
abhyutthānam adharmasya tadātmānaṁ sṛjāmy aham

paritrāṇāya sādhūnāṁ vināśāya ca duṣkṛtām
dharma-saṁsthāpanārthāya sambhavāmi yuge yuge

 

Whenever and wherever, there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion – at that time I descend Myself. To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium

 

Principles of religion are laid down in the Vedas & any discrepancy in the matter of properly executing the rules of the Vedas makes one irreligious. Therefore, the principles of dharma, or religion, are the direct orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead (dharmaṁ tu sākṣād bhagavat-praṇītam). These principles are clearly indicated throughout the Bhagavad-gītā

 

Let’s follow the Supreme Lord’s instruction enumerated in Bhagvad-Gita and we will be eternally protected by Him. No anxiety only Bliss

 

Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog