Remorse!

 

As Virāta begged for forgiveness, Yudhisthira said: I’ve already forgiven you, as I know that powerful persons tend to act with unreasonable severity when insulted. Still, it is a fact that if my blood had fallen to the floor, without a doubt you would’ve been destroyed along with entire kingdom

 

Maharāj Yudhisthira’s bleeding finally stopped & some time later Brhannala (Arjun) entered royal court. After offering his respects to Virāta & Kanka, he stood silently. At that time the king once again glorified his son: I’m amazed at how Uttara could’ve defeated such great Kuru warriors

 

Uttara said: Father, it wasn’t I who defeated Kauravas. In fact, as soon as I saw them I ran away out of fear. But a certain son of a demigod came & stopped me. After instilling confidence in me, he got onto my chariot to fight. That powerful celestial hero threw entire Kaurav army into confusion & rebuked fleeing Duryodhana. After stupefying the warriors, he made me take their valuable clothing before returning home

 

Virāta asked: Who was that celestial youth? I want to worship him for saving you, along with my cows

 

Uttara said: When the battle was over the demigod’s son disappeared after assuring me that he would show himself in a day or two.

With Virāta’s permission, Brhannala presented the Kuru’s costly garments to Uttarā. She was delighted to receive them

 

On 3rd day after battle, Pāndavās dressed in royal white robes & decorated themselves with valuable ornaments. Their vow of exile was completed and they entered the royal court early & took their seats upon the thrones reserved for visiting kings. Soon Virāta arrived & was taken aback seeing Pāndavās seated on thrones. After thinking for a moment, he angrily said to Maharāj Yudhisthira: O Kanka! How can a court jester dare wear a royal robe & sit on a throne reserved for Kings?

 

Desiring to joke with Virāta, Arjun smilingly said: Don’t you know that Kanka is actually Maharāj Yudhisthira, emperor of the world in disguise? He is the foremost of human beings & the embodiment of virtue. Don’t you think he deserves to sit upon a throne

 

Virāta doubted Arjun’s words & asked: O Brhannala! If Kanka is actually Yudhisthira, where is Bhima, Arjun, Nakul & Sahadev? And where is their illustrious wife Draupadi?

 

Arjun said: Your cook Vallabha is none other than Bhima, who had killed wicked Kicaka. Your keeper of horses is actually Nakul & caretaker of cows is Sahadev. I am Arjun & the Sairindhri is our wife Draupadi

 

Uttara took this opportunity to explain: Father! The one about whom I had spoken of as the son of demigod is actually Arjun. It was he who came to my rescue & vanquished Kauravas. Virāta now realized how much he had offended Yudhisthira & paid humble obeisances to him. He repeatedly asked to be forgiven

 

We all make mistakes that have devastating consequences. Realizing the same we may become filled with remorse. Though the feeling of remorse doesn't feel good, it is essential for pushing us to make amends for our mistakes & strive to avoid repeating them. But real remorse is which reminds us of our urgent need to seek divine help

 

Surrender to the Supreme Lord

 

Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog