Scape-goat!

Drona & Dhārtarāstras rushed at Bhima, while Bhisma, Krpa & many others attacked Arjuna. Bhima soon killed 9 of Dhritrāstra's sons, causing the rest to fearfully run away. Drona tried to check Bhima but the Pāndava hero simultaneously resisted his attack & drove away Dhārtarāstras in his presence


The sun sank below the western horizon & the two armies retired for the night. In Kaurava camp, Duryodhana, Sakuni, Duhsasana & Karna consulted one another to ascertain means by which Pandavas could be defeated


Duryodhana said: It is my opinion that our army is being exterminated because Bhisma, Drona, Krpa, Salya & Bhagadatta don't want to fight whole-heartedly with Pandavas


Karna said: O King, you should go to Bhisma & request him to step aside. In that way I'll be free to enter the battlefield and kill the Pāndavas & allies. I think that the Grandsire is very fond of fighting & so he doesn't want to kill Pandavas and thus bring the war to a close


Duryodhana assured Karna that he would do this & went to Bhisma's tent with his brothers. He implored Bhisma: O Commander of my army, you must immediately kill Pandavas, otherwise, if you think to spare them out of kindness, pls step down so that Karna can fight & obtain victory


Bhisma was deeply hurt by these words, but carefully controlling his anger, he thought over the matter for some time. Then, he said: Why do you challenge me like this? You should be confident that I always try my best to accomplish that which is for your benefit


In fact, I'm ready to lay down my life on battlefield for your sake. Unfortunately, you fail to understand that Pāndavas are invincible. Have you already forgotten Arjuna's heroic accomplishments? Do you discount the fact that Lord of the universe, Sri Krsna, is personally protecting him?


Duryodhana, you always view things perversely, just like a man who is about to die sees that trees are made of gold. It was you who provoked this hostility with Pandavas & so you should be the one who encounters them in battle


Why don't you defeat Pandavas & thus prove what kind of great hero you are? Anyway, as you challenge me, I hereby vow that I'll fight so fiercely tomorrow that the battle will be talked about as long as the world continues to exist. I'll either kill all the Pañcãlas & Somakas, except Sikhandi, or else lay down my life on battlefield. Now, be satisfied with my words


Whenever things go wrong, our mind naturally looks for a scapegoat. We blame others because it seems to be an easy escape. We think that if I'm not responsible for this mess, I don’t have to make efforts to fix it. This is greatly disempowering


It takes away oppurtunity for us to do anything for improvement. The way to empowerment is by taking responsibility. Only when we accept responsibility for the situation, we regain agency to rectify it. This is tough because it hurts our ego but introspection can push us to make incremental changes & create a better future


Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog