Response!

 

In spite of the advice from sages that she should go back to her father’s safety, Amba's determination remained fixed on doing austerities. She said: O sage, in my childhood I had to spend some time in the forest, along with my father. Besides, I’ve realized miserable nature of material existence & so I want to perform austerities so that I’ll not have to undergo more suffering in future lives

 

While Amba was thus debating with sages, a great king named Hotravahana happened to come there. The king was welcomed by sages & after being seated, he listened to story of Amba's plight. It turned out that King was Amba’s maternal grandfather & thus he was very compassionate towards her

 

After comforting her, he explained: My dear, because I am the father of your mother, I’ll advise you for your benefit. The greatest warrior on earth is Parasuram. If you’re able to win his sympathy, he will either force Bhisma to accept you or else kill him

 

Arnba said: I will certainly follow your advice. Please tell me where I can find Parasuram?

Hotravahana said: The son of Jamadagni is performing austerities at Mount Mahendra. I’m sure that if you approach him & mention my name he will help you, for we are good friends

 

Just at that moment Akrtavrana, an associate of Lord Parasuram, arrived there. Everyone stood up to honor him. After Hotravahana & those in assembly were seated surrounding him, Akrtavrana began to converse with them. During their talks, Hotravahana inquired: Is it possible for someone to see Parashurama?

 

Akrtavrana said: I can assure you that Parashurama often thinks of you & because he knows that you have come here, he will appear at this very place tomorrow, just to see you. Now please tell me who this girl is

 

Hotravahana related Amba's story & explained how Salva had refused to accept her, being suspicious of her purity, and how she thus considered Bhisma to be the root cause of her miseries. Amba then appealed, expressing her hope that Parasurama would take up her cause & help her

 

Akrtavrana said: Pl tell me what you want. Would you like Salva be forced to marry you, or would you prefer to see Bhisma defeated in battle?

 

Amba replied: In one sense Bhisma is innocent, for he had kidnapped me without knowing about my desire to marry Salva. Therefore, I would like you to make the decision as to what should be done

 

Despite being in a position of strength, we should always evaluate our response diligently & contemplate the effect it would have on others. It should not happen that irrational actions & irresponsible retorts are deeply regretted later


Scriptures define proportionate response per situations. Let's abide by it!

 

Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog