Who we are?

 

Karna said to Sri Krsna: I know that victory lies with the righteous. I’m certain that we will all lay down our lives in the impending war


Krsna said: Dear Karna! A mass annihilation is certainly at hand, for you were unwilling to accept My truthful words


Karna said: Dear Lord! I hope that I’m able to meet You again after the battle is over-either as a survivor, or more likely in heaven

 

After saying this, Karna embraced Krsna very tightly. Then upon receiving Lord’s permission he returned to Hastinapur

 

In this way Sanjay described the conversation between Sri Krsna & Karna to Dhritrāshtra. Meanwhile, after Krsna’s departure, Vidura went to Kunti-devi & said: I’m very unhappy that Krsna’s peace mission turned out to be a failure. Indeed, I’m in so much anxiety over impending war that I cannot sleep at night

 

Queen Kunti said: I condemn the wealth & prestige over which this bloody battle will be fought. In spite of being so abominable, this war is absolutely necessary so that my sons & I can avoid humiliation of living impoverished lives. My greatest fear is of Karna. I’m sure that, due to affection, Bhisma & Drona will be lenient with my sons, but Karna truly hates them

 

Dear Vidura! Pls try & pacify Karna by disclosing to him that I’m his real mother. I’ll also personally go & speak to Karna, for then he will surely obey my commands. Thinking like this, Kunti-devi went to Gangā at noon, where Karna stood with upraised arms, reciting Vedic mantra in glorification of Sun-god

 

Kunti stood behind Karna, waiting for him to finish his prayers, but she soon became so afflicted by the heat that she felt as if she would faint. Kunti thus moved into Karna’s shadow & continued to wait with folded hands. When Karna finished reciting his prayers, he said: O Queen! Know me to be the son of Adhiratha & Rādha. Now pls tell me why you have come here

 

Kunti replied: Dear Karna! You are not actually the son of Rādha. The truth is that Surya impregnated you into my womb before my marriage to Pāndu. It is only due to ignorance that you side with wicked & envious Duryodhana. One’s highest religious duty is to satisfy his mother & father in all respects. I want you to join Pāndavās & help them snatch back kingdom usurped by Duryodhana

 

When Kunti finished speaking, a voice laden with affection was heard coming from the direction of Sun. This was Surya himself, who announced: Dear Karna, all that Kunti has said is true. You should follow her advice & side with Pāndavās for your own welfare

 

Inspite of being persuaded by his real father & mother, Karna’s heart did not waver

 

Suppose we are in a hall of mirrors designed to give a distorted reflection of us. By looking at these mirrors, we would never know what we actually look like. Similarly we often live in a hall of mirrors with respect to our sense of identity shaped by how others perceive us

 

We need to turn to a mirror which shows who we actually are. Bhagvad Gita is that mirror which tells us our real identity, that of a spiritual being, which is part & parcel of Krsna. We can then know our intrinsic self-worth. Else we will be lost & bewildered

 

Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog