Bound by!


Sanjay told Dhritrāshtra about what Sri Krsna told Karna: He is son of Kunti & hence is the eldest brother of Pāndavās. He should leave Duryodhana & become emperor of the entire earth. Yudhisthira will ride on his side, fanning him with cāmara, Bhima will hold royal umbrella over his head & Arjun will personally take reins of Karna’s chariot & thus he will enjoy more prestige than any other king in world's history


After contemplating this verbal picture painted by the supreme artist, Karna replied: Dear Krsna, I know that You are speaking to me as my genuine friend & well-wisher. I also know that Kunti-devi is my real mother, but she heartlessly abandoned me at birth & disregardeed my welfare


On the other hand, Adhiratha & Rādha raised me very affectionately, just as if I was their begotten son. How can I forsake them, denying them their Pinda (offerings made in srāddha ceremony)? Adhiratha performed all purifying rites for me, had brāhmanās give me the name Vasusena, and it was the girl whom he chose that I married. Throughout, I have fixed my life upon Adhiratha & Rādha. How can You expect me to neglect them now?


Besides, I have already vowed to help Duryodhana. He has honored me highly for many years. How can You expect me to suddenly break off that friendly relationship? Although I consider my obligation to Duryodhana to be binding, I admit that Pāndavās are on the side of virtue. Hence, I request You to please keep it a secret that Kunti-devi is my real mother


If Yudhisthira finds this out, he will never take back his kingdom. Instead, he would insist that I rule the earth, & in turn I would have to give sovereignty to Duryodhana. Only pious Yudhisthira is qualified to govern the earth & so pls keep this secret between You & me


Dear Krsna! This upcoming war seems just like a great sacrifice to be performed by Duryodhana, with You acting as officiating priest. The warrior’s blood will be offerings of ghee & Bhima’s drinking of Dushasana’s blood will represent partaking of soma-rasa. Duryodhana’s death will be conclusion of this great sacrifice & lamentations of the wives who surround the dead warriors, along with numerous dogs & vultures, will constitute avabhrthya bath


I repent very bitterly my harsh words & wicked behavior at the time of dice match. I know that I will surely be killed by Arjun as a consequence


Like a cow tied by a rope, can only go far as the length of the rope, similarly we human beings also have little freedom. Here Karna knows & acknowledges his fault but still decides to continue his allegiance


We all are just puppets in the hands of modes of nature


Krsna says:

prakṛteḥ kriyamāṇāni guṇaiḥ karmāṇi sarvaśaḥ

ahaṅkāra-vimūḍhātmā kartāham iti manyate


The spirit soul bewildered by the influence of false ego thinks himself the doer of activities that are in actuality carried out by the three modes of material nature


Let’s get rid of the false ego by surrendering to Lord’s lotus feet

Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog