Don’t lose faith!


Sātyaki applauded Sahadev’s words & said: Dear Krsna! When I first saw Pāndavās dressed in rags & deerskin at the beginning of their exile, I urged that we immediately attack Kauravas & take back Yudhisthira’s kingdom by force. At that time, You had advised us to be patient & wait. Now that long cherished opportunity has arrived, we should give up this useless talk of peace


Hearing this, all assembled warriors let out a loud roar of approval. Draupadi felt very distressed listening to Yudhisthira & Bhima’s mild words, but when she heard Sahadev’s & Sātyaki’s response, her wrath became aroused. With great agitation she turned to Krsna & said: O Lord! Even though Yudhisthira begged for a meagre 5 villages, wretched Duryodhana gave no reply. I don’t want to accept such a deprecating peace!


We should fight for our rightful kingdom because it is just as sinful to spare someone who deserves to die as it is to kill an innocent person. Oh, how is it that I have become so unfortunate? Not only did I have to suffer so many insults at the hands of rogues & rascals, but now I find that no one cares for my plight. Instead, everyone wants to forget wrongdoers. Lord! I want to implore You to vent Your wrath upon the Kauravas & avenge all wrongs that were done to me


Draupadi, bathed in her own tears & holding her single braid of hair in her left hand approached Krsna & implored: Pls remember how this sanctified hair was grabbed by wicked Dushasana. If Bhima & Arjun are now eager for peace, my father, my sons & Abhimanyu will take revenge for the insults I suffered


While living wretchedly for 13 long years, only solace that sustained me was the thought of better times ahead. I’ll only be pacified after seeing Dushasana arms cut off & his body smashed to atoms. Because of this, Bhima’s compassionate words have pierced my heart like darts. She then began to sob conculsively


Krsna comforted her & said: Dear Princess of Pāncāla, you can be rest assured that very soon the wives of Kauravas will weep just like this after seeing their husbands & friends killed by your husbands. Those who you are angry at are already as good as dead. You should have faith in what I say, for My words have never proven futile


We also, in times of extended adversity, become impatient & may lose faith in the Supreme Lord. But if we persist in doing what has been prescribed for us & execute our responsibilities, He definitely will take care of us & arrange things that is beneficial for us


Krsna says:

raso ’ham apsu kaunteya prabhāsmi śaśi-sūryayoḥ

praṇavaḥ sarva-vedeṣu śabdaḥ khe pauruṣaṁ nṛṣu


When we are devotionally inclined, we understand that our abilities come from the Supreme Lord. This saves us from false ego that we can do anything & everything and ingrains sense of humility to act as his instruments. We are precious parts of the Supreme whole & should do something worthwhile with the abilities he has given us. Don’t lose faith!


Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog