Perversion!

Although powerful Kicaka hoped to intimidate Draupadi into submission, she responded by harshly reproaching him: You wretch! Don’t foolishly throw away your life in this way, for I’m protected by my 5 invincible Gandharva husbands. If you try to take me by force, they'll come & kill you


After being rebuked, Kicaka became mad with lust & rage. Returning to Sudesna, he implored: Sister! You must act in such a way that your maidservant will become my beloved. I’m burning with desire for her. If you don’t help me, I’ll become desperate. Taking pity on her wretched brother, Sudesna said: Listen to my plan, procure some wine & I will then send her to you on pretext of fetching it. In that secluded setting, you should be able to gain her favor


Kicaka collected finest wine & arranged sumptuous feast. Kicaka then sent word to his sister. She then called Draupadi & ordered: Dear Sairindhri! Pls go to my brother’s palace & bring me some wine-I’m very thirsty. Draupadi said: Kicaka is very shameless & lusty. Pls remember how I had accepted service here on condition that no man would be allowed to force his intentions upon me. So send someone else


Sudesna was insistent & said: Give up these nonsensical fears. Be assured that since you’re being sent by me, there is no chance that my brother will insult you. At last, Draupadi reluctantly departed & as she walked thro’ street, she prayed for demigods’ help. Draupadi hoped that because of her chastity, Kicaka would not be able to harm her


Kicaka saw Draupadi arrive at his palace & was overjoyed. He thought that she must have regretted how she had foolishly rejected him. He welcomed her & frankly proposed: I’m anxious to accept you as my wife. Draupadi calmly replied: The queen is thirsty & so she has sent me here to fetch some wine. Pls give it to me quickly so that I can return without delay


Kicaka said: Someone else can deliver wine & without warning grabbed Draupadi’s right arm. She harshly rebuked him saying: You wretch! Be assured that I’ll soon have pleasure of seeing your dead body dragged by my husbands. She jerked her arm out of Kicaka’s grip, but as she tried to run away, he grabbed her upper garment


This was intolerable to Draupadi. Breathing heavily with rage, she forcibly pushed Kicaka backwards, making him fall on floor. She then ran towards King Virāta’s court, hoping to take shelter of Yudhisthira. Kicaka quickly got up & as he chased her, both came into the presence of King. Kicaka caught Draupadi by hair, causing her to fall on ground. He then kicked helpless Draupadi


Darkness of the heart is due to distortion of our desires. Due to this our consciousness degrades & we succumb to lower indulgences. We are hell bent to serve them. Our vision, purpose & whole existence revolves in fulfilling the base desires making us immoral & impure


But if we are guided by spiritual wisdom, we can overpower our inner darkness and illumine, to be free from perversion


Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog