How one falls!

 

While living at Matsya capital incognito, Pāndavās gratified King Virāta in various ways. Bhima fought with huge lions for pleasure of the ladies & Arjun entertained the King & palace ladies by singing & dancing. Nakula showed off his trained horses & Sahadev exhibited his well disciplined bullocks. Being very pleased, Virāta bestowed innumerable gifts upon them & yet Draupadi felt great distress to see how her powerful husbands had to render menial service in this way

 

After 10 months passed, Virāta’s commander-in-chief Kicaka, happened to see Draupadi. As he gazed at her celestially beautiful features, he became so lusty that he made up his mind to possess her at all cost. Kichaka was Queen Sudesna’s brother & with heart burning with desire, he said: Dear sister! I couldn’t help but notice your beautiful maidservant. Simply seeing her once, my heart is captivated. Who is this girl? I must’ve her as my wife without fail. Let her become my master & I’ll give her all wealth at my disposal

 

Kicaka was confident of success. After speaking with Sudesna, he went to Draupadi, like a jackal approaches a tigress & frankly said: Pls tell me about yourself, for I’m captivated by your exquisite beauty & sweet speech. I desire to unite with you & request you to accept me. Why should you continue to live in misery as a mere servant? Become my wife & enjoy royal opulence like a queen! I promise I’ll give up all interest in my old wives & become your faithful follower & slave

 

Draupadi first replied to Kicaka politely, hoping to dissuade him peacefully: Since I’m of low birth, I’m not a suitable match for you, and because you desire to possess the wife of another, this sinful aspiration should be given up

 

However, Kicaka had lost control of his senses, due to insatiable lust. Thus, even though he knew dangers of trying to entice another’s wife, he once again said: O Beautiful lady! You should know that I’m real lord of Matsya kingdom, for it is upon me that everyone depends for protection. I’m the most handsome, powerful & opulent person within this kingdom. How can you prefer to remain a lowly servant when you have the chance to become my wife & enjoy unimaginable wealth?

 

My dear, I’m under the sway of Cupid. I cannot possibly forget you. For your own sake, you better yield to me voluntarily

The end of Kicaka was near!

 

Krsna says:

dhyāyato viṣayān puṁsaḥ saṅgas teṣūpajāyate
saṅgāt sañjāyate kāmaḥ kāmāt krodho ’bhijāyate

krodhād bhavati sammohaḥ sammohāt smṛti-vibhramaḥ
smṛti-bhraṁśād buddhi-nāśo buddhi-nāśāt praṇaśyati

 

While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises. From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost one falls down again into the material pool

 

This is the science of one’s destruction. Beware!

 

Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog