Deception!


As Queen Sudesna accepted Draupadi as her servant, she said: O Queen! You must agree to fulfill my two conditions. May I never be made to wash anyone’s feet, nor eat remnants of anyone’s food. Sudesna consented


Next, Sahadev arrived at the king’s goshala, dressed as cowherd. When, Virāta saw Sahadev’s celestial appearance, he summoned him. Sahadev said: O King! I am a Vaisya named Aristanemi, formerly engaged in service of Pāndavās by taking care of their cows, but I’m now bereft of that service & have come to Matsya kingdom


Virāta said: I can't believe, You must either be a brāhmanā, or more likely a Ksatriya who is fit to rule entire earth. Pls tell your real identity. Sahadev displayed extensive knowledge of cattle. While doing so he described art of distinguishing a bull capable of making a barren cow conceive, simply by smelling its urine. Hearing this, astonished King immediately placed Sahadev in charge of his 10000 cows


Next, a person possessing handsome & powerful bodily features entered the city gate. Although his strides were like an elephant, this person’s dress & ornaments were that of a woman. When Arjun entered royal court, Virāta was wonderstruck. He exclaimed: You appear to be a great chariot warrior & so I cannot believe that you’re a eunuch! Allow me to accept you as my son so that I can bestow you throne for ruling Matsyas


Arjun said: O King! I’m afraid you’ve misjudged my qualifications. My name is Brhannala & I’m proficient in the art of singing & dancing. I wish to become your daughter Uttarā’s teacher


Virāta said: I’ll certainly accept you as my daughter’s teacher, but you appear to be fitter for ruling earth. Virāta tested Arjun’s skills in dance & music. After consulting his ministers, king had Arjun’s sexual status determined by a young woman. When Arjun was found genuinely impotent, he was sent to live in women’s apartments in palace. Arjun began instructing Uttarā, along with her many friends. Very quickly, he won their heartfelt affection


Next Nakula arrived at royal court after observing horses as he walked along road. Seeing him, Virāta called for him & Nakula introduced himself as Granthika, a caretaker of horses & wished to offer his services. Previously he used to serve Yudhisthira’s horses & bereft of that service is seeking employment. Virāta accepted him & put his stable under his supervision


One looks can be deceptive but one’s qualities & skills never lie. One can impress upon others externally & present himself differently than what he actually is but as soon as the depth of his character & skills are tested, he is exposed. One should only present about himself, what he actually is else should keep quiet


jñānaṁ karma ca kartā ca tridhaiva guṇa-bhedataḥ

procyate guṇa-saṅkhyāne yathāvac chṛṇu tāny api


Krsna says: According to the three different modes of material nature, there are three kinds of knowledge, action and performer of action. Now hear of them from Me


Thoughts! #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog