Confidence on?

 

Mārkandeya Rsi said to Yudhisthira: Just as Sāvitri was delivered from her distressed condition to one of great fortune, so will Draupadi, when time is ripe. Hearing this, Yudhisthira felt relief from his anxieties. But he was fearful of Karna’s prowess

 

At the beginning of Pāndavās’ 13th year of exile, Indra decided to beg Karna’s impenetrable armor & earrings, to help them gain upper hand in coming battle. Surya (Sun-God) could understand Indra’s intention & so he appeared one night in Karna’s dream taking form of a handsome Brāhmanā

 

After being respectfully received, Surya said: Dear son! Indra knows that you never refuse to give whatever is demanded from you in charity. He is going to disguise himself as Brāhmanā & beg you for your natural armor & earrings. I know you have made a vow but this time you must refuse. Pacify him with sweet words & send him back. Your armor & rings were produced by nectar & as long as you possess them, no one will be able to kill you in battle. But without them you surely will be vanished

 

Karna enquired about real identity of the Brāhmanā. Knowing that he was Vivasvān, the Sun-God, he respectfully said: It is my great vow to give anything to Brāhmanās upon request & thus I don’t want to be discouraged in this matter. Even if Indra comes disguised as Brāhmanā, I’ll gladly give him even my armor & rings. I know by this act, I’ll secure eternal fame, whereas Indra will gain only infamy. My heart is inclined towards securing an exalted position, than mere opulence or a long life

 

Surya argued: To give up your life for sake of earning fame is useless. A dead man cannot enjoy fame he has earned, any more than a corpse can enjoy garland hanging around his neck. Because you’re my devotee, I want to protect you. Besides this there is a great mystery created by demigods, which you cannot understand. Pls follow my advice & later you’ll understand the full significance of this

 

When Indra comes give various excuses & dissuade him from what he wants. With these celestial ornaments, Arjun will never be able to kill you. Karna said: O Lord! Pls forgive me for what I’ve to say. Although, you’re my worshipful deity, still I can’t be dissuaded from my vow. I am more afraid of untruthfulness towards Brāhmanās than death. Indeed, I would cheerfully give up life if a Brāhmanā asks. Besides, even if Indra takes my armor & rings, I’m confident that I’ll be able to defeat Arjun by my prowess & weapons given to me by Parasurāma

 

Seeing Karna’s determination, Surya said: If you insist you do so only on condition that Indra gives you his infallible Sakti weapon

 

We all are controlled by our mind & senses. They drag us & allure us here, there & everywhere. But our Supreme controller is Supreme Lord Krsna & he says: The living entities in this conditioned world are My eternal fragmental parts. Due to conditioned life, they are struggling very hard with the six senses, which include the mind

mamaivāṁśo jīva-loke jīva-bhūtaḥ sanātanaḥ
manaḥ-ṣaṣṭhānīndriyāṇi prakṛti-sthāni karṣati

 

It is better to be confident about Krsna’s ability to protect us that our ability to safeguard self. Let’s surrender & be controlled by HIM

 

Thoughts? #gameoflife


Comments

Popular posts from this blog