Blessings or?


Yamrāja was pleased to hear about morality from Sāvitri & said: O pious woman! I’ll grant you a benediction, with exception of bringing your dead husband back to life


Sāvitri said: May my father-in-law’s sight be restored & he becomes strong as Sun. Yamarāja granted her wish & said now pls return home as you appear fatigued


Sāvitri said: I never feel tired in presence of my husband & will go wherever he goes. Taking advantage of Yamrāja’s willingness to converse, she continued to speak enlightening words on morality: One is very fortunate to meet such an elevated person as you. What then to speak of obtaining friendship with you? Discussion with great personalities can never prove fruitless & so such association must always be sought


Once again Yamarāja praised her for fine speech & gave benediction except bring her husband back to life. Sāvitri said: May my father-in-law's kingdom be restored & he never again lose it. The benediction was given & Yamarāja said: Now I’ve fulfilled all your desires & so don’t follow me & return home


Sāvitri said: Pls continue listening to me for a while more. At his consent, she continued to talk about morality: The highest duty for a pious person is to never injure other living beings by thought, word, or deed. Indeed a righteous person is even merciful to his enemies when they seek his protection, because he is inclined to show love & kindness towards everyone


Once again Yamarāja praised her & said: Your speech is like a nectar. I offer you a 3rd benediction with exception of bringing your dead husband to life. Sāvitri said: My poor father has no sons. Pls allow him to beget 100 sons so that his dynasty is perpetuated. Asvapati will receive this blessing assured Yamarāja. Now pls return as you have come far enough


Sāvitri said: I’m very sorry but you see that in company of my husband I lose all concept of time & distance and hence cannot understand how far I’ve come. Infact my mind has become more & more eager to follow Satyavān, so pls continue listening to me


In this way, each time that Sāvitri continued to speak, she would appeal to Yamarāja in a flattering way:Goodness & purity of heart are the only things one can possess that inspires true confidence in others. So, it is seen that masses of people rely upon those whom they consider to be highly virtuous.Yamarāja was again pleased & said that he’ll give 4th benediction but after this she need to return


Sāvitri was intelligent to ask what she wanted but in another way


We all have both blessings & problems in our lives. Unfortunately, we often fixate on problems, which may arise due to our deficiencies & defects or our adversities & adversaries. By such fixation, we subject ourselves to an endless flood of negative thoughts


To cultivate positivity, we need to shift our focus from our problems to our blessings. We all have blessings, which we can recognize if we consciously look for them & regularly appreciate them


Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog