Source!


Nahusa said: After being awarded post of Indra, I soon became proud. Just imagine! I was constantly served by brahmarsis, demigods, Yaksas, Gandharvās & Apsarās. I was so powerful that anyone upon whom my gaze fell would become diminished in prowess. At my command 1000’s of brahmarsis once pulled my chariot & while going I happened to touch great sage Agastya with my foot


Enraged by this offense, the sage cursed me to fall from heaven & accept this horrible body of a serpent. As I fell, I begged him for forgiveness & he kindly informed that I would be delivered by meeting you. Dear Yudhisthira! your answers to my questions were correct & so I must thank you for your mercy upon me. It is possession of Brahmanical qualities & not birth in a Brāhmanā family that is cause of salvation. Nahusa then gave up his snake body & instantly returned to heavenly planets


Pāndavās continued to dwell happily at Visākhayupa forest. Soon Sri Krsna & Mārkandeya rsi visited them. Lord Krsna offered his obeisances to Yudhisthira, Bhima & Dhaumya and embraced Arjun with great affection. Nakul & Sahadev paid respects at His lotus feet. Satyabhama who accompanied Krsna greeted Draupadi. Arjun enquired about Subhadrā & Abhimanyu’s welfare, for they were residing at Dvarkā under Krsna’s care


Krsna finally sat & said to Yudhisthira: You’ve always acted righteously. Despite most trying circumstances, you undeviatingly adhered to religious principles. Your actions are always performed out of a sense of duty & not from any personal motive. Indeed, no other person could’ve tolerated insults Draupadi received in assembly of Kurus


Turning to Draupadi, Krsna said: Dear Princess! You can rest be assured that your sons are well. Subhadrā looks after them very nicely & My son Pradyumna trains them in military science


Krsna suggested to Yudhisthira: If you so desire, Yadavās can go and vanquish wicked Duryodhana & when period of your exile is over, you can enter Hastināpur peacefully without a struggle


Yudhisthira said: I’m extremely grateful that You’re ready to help us under all circumstances. Indeed, You’re our only refuge. The 12th year of our exile is now coming to end & so we’ll have to begin our year of living incognito. After that I’m sure that by Your mercy, I’ll be able to regain my kingdom without deviating from my vows


Faith in self without faith in God is ignorance. Confidence in self is good as it enables to push boundaries, but if we think that we’re solely responsible for our abilities and energies, then this borders on stupidity as resulting arrogance leads to our downfall. We can see many successful people sooner or later are devoid of their talent & then can’t process this loss due to above fact


We are all instruments of the divine to change the world for good. We are precious fragmental parts of the Supreme & all our abilities come from Him, else we are impotent to do anything. He is the source from which we draw our strength


Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog