Purity!

 

Damyanti said to Bāhuka: In what way I was guilty in the eyes of King Nala, making him think that it was alright to leave me alone & helpless in that desolate place? Why should he, who I had chosen above the chief demigods, abandon his loving wife & mother of his 2 children? In front of sacrificial fire & demigods, he had taken my hand & promised, I’m truly yours. Where was that sacred vow when he deserted me

 

The more Bāhuka (Nala) looked at his aggrieved wife, the more his heart softened towards her. Still he restrained his tears & replied-Neither the loss of kingdom nor deserting you in the forest were acts of my own volition. I was possessed by Kali & forced to act helplessly under his influence. Now I’m free. It is only for your sake I’ve done so

 

Nala said with disdain-Is there any chaste woman other than you who would forsake her devoted husband to marry again? At your father’s command, messengers have been travelling all over earth declaring that Damyanti will of her own accord choose a 2nd husband who is worthy of her. Hearing this King Rituparna departed in eagerness & I helped him to reach Kundina in a day

 

Damyanti trembled with fear hearing Nala & said: Pls don’t judge me hastily thinking I’m at fault. It was only for the purpose of inducing you to come here that I sent out messengers in all directions. I knew that except for you, no one in this world can travel 100 yojanas from Ayodhya to here in a single day on a chariot

 

O King! While touching your feet I swear that I never once had a single thought of committing a sinful act. May the all pervading air, as well as Sun & Moon be my witnesses and they may take away my life at once if I’ve ever been unchaste to you even within my mind

 

Being addressed by Damyanti, Vāyu, the god of air suddenly announced from sky: Nala, I tell you truthfully that this woman has never done anything wrong. I’ve witnessed her actions & have protected her throughout the entire 3 years she lived in separation from you. It’s only for your sake, she announced 2nd Swayamvara. You’ve once again obtained her & without slightest suspicion should unite with her

 

At the conclusion of Vāyu’s testimony, drums sounded in heaven, flowers fell from sky. Nala cast aside his doubts & taking the celestial garments Karkotaka had given him, put them on & instantaneously regained his original form

 

When Damyanti saw Nala in his original form, she embraced him & began crying uncontrollably

 

Purity of consciousness is the biggest asset we have. If we lack purity, we live in poverty no matter how much wealth we may have. Purity is also essential for our satisfaction & calmness inside otherwise with the impurity of greed, lust & envy we always are after things which are never enough. Purity helps us rise to mode of goodness & then we can we start gaining clarity to understand that our happiness depends more on our inner world than on outer world. We can then start cultivating & cherishing the purity that will enable us to be satisfied

 

Thoughts? #gameoflife


Comments

Popular posts from this blog