Morality!


Seeing Rāvan dead, Mandodari continued her lament & said-O demon king! Your face glowed with exceptional features & brilliant ornaments which vied with the moon, lotus & Sun. You were illumined by several diadems, you were lit with captivating smile & indulged in delightful talk but today pierced with Rām’s arrows, it does not shine but is dyed with streams of blood, shattered & soiled by dust raised by chariots


Alas! In last stage of my life, widowhood has been conferred on me. I was very much proud that my father was king of demons, my husband lord of demons & my son conqueror of Indra. I had firm conviction that my guardians were capable of crushing their arrogant adversaries & hence had no fear from any quarters


How did this unknown danger come from mortal to you? Is it a dream or reality? How you could be even killed by Rām? You were death even to death himself, then how you could depart from this world? You enjoyed wealth of all 3 worlds, conquered guardians of this world & even lifted Lord Shiva along with mount Kailash. You held down those who were arrogant & caused living beings to shed tears with your roars


You ruined several sacrificial performances, violated the moral order & conjured tricks on battlefield. You brought virgin daughters of gods, demons & human beings from all over. You brought mourning to enemy’s wives. You were protector of island Lankā, bestower of desires & sensual gratification to us & excellent amongst chariot drivers


O kin! Why are you buried in deep slumber on the bare ground shrouded in dust? When Indrajit was killed in battle by Laxman, I was hit hard but with your demise I was completely beaten down. Bereft of kinsfolk & forsaken by you, I shall lament now for many years. Take me along with you as I shall not survive without you. Are you not enraged seeing me on foot in this way? O lover of consorts, look at all your spouses who have come out with their veils dropped off & you’re still silent


This Mandodari, who was helping in your sport always, is now weeping with helplessness. You’re not consoling her & it I means I have no high esteem in your eyes. This is surely due to the curse of numerous women of noble lineage, who though devoted very much to their husbands & were serving elders, have been widowed by you. Also, it’s the curse of all women wronged by you, which has fructified


Morality is not relative. We see lot of times that people make their own definition of what is right & what wrong. If something feels right to me then nobody else can say it is wrong. Morality has an objective basis in our scriptures. If everyone has their own standard of right & wrong, then wrongdoing becomes tough to even identify. And what can’t be identified as wrong can’t even be rectified & immorality becomes prevalent. Anarchy will rule and wrongdoers will go unpunished


Even if we aren’t punished for our wrongdoings, we will be punished by our wrongdoings. Beware!


Thoughts! #gameoflife

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog