Values!


As mighty Kumbhakarna, enemy of Brahmanas & celestials was killed, earth & mountain shook. All including great sages, celestials, gandharvas, yakshas, suparnas & guhyakas rejoiced. Destroying Kumbha in battle, Rām shone in midst of Vānaras in same way as Sun shines in midst of celestial world, having destroyed darkness after getting delivered from the mouth of Rāhu


Demons reported the demise of Kumbha to Rāvan & said-O King! That Kumbha, looking like Yama- the god of death, has met death. He showed his valor for a moment but was extinguished by fiery energy of Rām. Injured by Rām’s arrows, Kumbha looked like a mountain of ugly mass, with blood flowing in streams after his nose & ears were chopped off. He lies dead with his trunk half submerged in sea & half obstructing main gate of Lankā


Hearing about his brother’s killing, Rāvan was tormented with grief & fainted. Hearing that their paternal uncle was killed; Devantaka, Narantaka, Trishira & Atikaya wept. Stepbrothers Mahodara & Mahaparshva were in pain & a lull surrounded royal palace


Recovering his consciousness with difficulty, distressed & perplexed Rāvan said-Alas! Kumbha-the destroyer of enemy pride, you’ve left me alone & have gone by divine will to abode of Yama. How can you leave me behind? Indeed I shall no longer live now as my right hand, because of whom I had no fear of celestials & demons, has fallen. How can such a hero, who was an image of fire was killed by Rām? How can he, to whom even the thunderbolt cannot cause any harm, lies on earth?


It is doubly sure, that Vānaras, having achieved their purpose, will be rejoicing & very soon they will ascend inaccessible doorways of Lankā from all sides. I have nothing to do with Kingdom now. What shall I do with Sitā? I have no intention to live after losing my brother. If I can’t kill Rām, I would indeed prefer death as this life is useless otherwise. Now itself I’ll go where my brother lies as I can’t abandon him. The celestials will mock me now as Kumbha is dead, who was conqueror of Indra


Words of great soul Vibhishana, which I didn't accept due to my ignorance, have indeed come true. I'm feeling shameful, for banishing my venerable Vibhishana. The bitter fruit of that painful deed has come to haunt me. Lamenting piteously, Rāvan was very much agitated & sank down extremely disturbed


When we see selfish sensual pleasures as life ultimate purpose, we are in for a shock when our carefully crafted world falls apart pursuing it. Then our life becomes profoundly meaningless but alas not much can be done about it. We may repent & regret at a later stage, but nothing will be same again


When our values reflect real values by reading scriptures or listening to people who follow scriptural guidance, then we can understand the purpose of our thoughts & actions. Guided thus, our life will be meaningful & perennially fruitful. We would be elevated to spiritual & the material will not be able to shake us


Thoughts? #gameoflife

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog