Not able to see the obvious!


With the desire to crush the demons in battle, the Vānaras seized gigantic trees & mountain peaks to reach Lankā. They made resolve in their minds-It is with peaks of mountains or our bare fists even, we shall shatter this Lankā into pieces

Rām said-Sugriva! Our forces are properly marshalled, let this Shuka (messenger) be released. The parrot, who was trembling with fear, was let loose and it reached Rāvan

While laughing, the demon king enquired Shuka-Why were your wings tied up? Why you look so fearful? Shuka replied-On the northern shore of the ocean, I conveyed your message in a smooth conciliating tone, without any ambiguity, exactly as per your instructions to them. But just seeing me, enraged Vānaras jumped on me & began beating & plucking me with their fists

Those Vānaras are not capable of being spoken to or questioned in this matter. By their very nature they are angry & ferocious. Rām, killer of Viradha, Kabandha & Khara, has come along with Sugriva to Lankā. Having constructed a bridge across the sea, he is here wielding a mighty bow. Thousands of divisions of hordes of bears & Vānaras resembling mountains & clouds are here too. There is no possibility of alliance with them

Very soon they will come to our ramparts. Immediately, do any of these-either restore Sita or offer combat to Rām

Hearing the words of Shuka, Rāvan with his eyes becoming blood red with anger, as if he would consume him with his glance, said as follows-Even if I were frightened by all the worlds or even if I were to face a battle with the celestials, gandhravas or demons, I would not return Sitā back. He is just a mere human with hordes of Vānaras. Should I be afraid of him?

When will my arrows fall upon Rām, as large black bees excited with joy fall upon a tree in bloom at spring- time? When shall I consume his body flowing with blood, by the blazing arrows released from my bow, as flaming torch destroy an elephant. Endowed with huge army, I will eclipse the Vānara army, as brilliance of all stars is obscured at the rising of the Sun

My rashness is like sea & my strength is like wind. Rām is not aware of it & that is why he is desiring to meet me in combat. He has not seen my venomous serpents lying in my quiver, hence he desires to fight me

Neither by the thousand eyed Indra, god of celestials nor by Varuna the God of waters in person in a combat, nor by Yama the god of death with the fire of his arrows, nor by Kubera the lord of riches in person, are able to attack me in a battle

Overconfidence may work someday but it definitely kills other day. We may be drastically overconfident about our judgement of others and our own abilities, but realistic evaluation of both is what is needed

The illusion that we understand the past breeds overconfidence in our ability to predict the future

Be vigilant, look for signs & be realistic

Thoughts pls? #gameoflife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog